Crisis? What crisis? Don't Sweat It
It’s one thing when your child procrastinates completing their homework. It’s completely different for parents who have put off financing college for their children. But where there’s a will, there’s a way. Maier & Associates College Planning professionals can help families through the difficult and stressful “crisis” mode, when college is less than 19 months away.
We’ll help you find the right mix of dozens of academic, financial and tax strategies that may help. They include:
- “Tax scholarships” – income tax deductions that free up income for college expenses. The greater your income, the more likely you will find savings here … resulting in potentially significant cost reductions even for families who don’t qualify for need-based financial assistance.
- There are a number of ways you can save on college costs.
- School selection. By choosing schools that are the best academic fit, you can help your child capture more financial assistance from the college.
- Asset allocation strategies to increase your chances of receiving financial aid.
- Computing students’ income and assets in the financial aid formula.
- American Opportunity Credit and Lifetime Learning Credits, tuition discounts and other money-savers.
We’ll not only help with strategy, but with the process – giving you assistance in negotiating the complicated process:
- Keeping an eye on important dates and deadlines.
- Completing the FAFSA, CSS Profile and other key forms.
Even if your child is a high school senior, our professionals can help you significantly reduce the cost of college. It’s our goal to put a college funding solution in place, regardless of how late in the process. Because better late than never is better than never at all.
In addition to our paid consulting services, we provide comprehensive workshops that cover these and other topics. Check our calendar for upcoming presentations and seminars. If you would like to schedule a private presentation for a large group, contact us.